Boston TEFL Classes
a nonprofit initiative of the AES World Languages and Cultures Institute, Inc. 501c3
Preparing individuals to teach English in their communities and around the world.
Mission, Vision, and Values
- To facilitate cultural integration and strengthen communities in Boston
through the promotion of linguistic and cultural understanding.
- An established institution in the Boston community graduating over 500 ESOL students, over 200 medical Spanish students, and over 32 TEFL students annually. AWLCI will significantly contribute to a decrease in disproportionate unemployment levels among immigrant populations and healthcare disparities among Hispanic populations, and an increase in bilingualism in the Boston area. All of this will be driven by a full-time staff of 9, paid lead-teachers and co-teachers, and a large base of trained volunteers receiving basic stipends.
- Working with others already active in the community to help further improve their ability to provide services to critically underserved populations and improve their communities.
- A commitment to helping non-native English speakers gain more equal access to critical services, most notably healthcare.
- To commit individuals to a path of life-long education and discovery of the world around them, in Boston and beyond.
- Helping community members better advocate for themselves and their communities through improved linguistic and cultural understanding.